Skip to main content

Muted Conversations III

So Today, I happened to hang out with a young friend of mine whom i haven't seen for sometime now and somehow he has grown taller than me (I'm a short man anyways but i have hope more than most of you here sha)
***tongues out***.
 
So we began to talk about family, his family and how he wants to run away from them because of how they treat him. I told him to calm down that if he has read my post titled: "Listen for Love", he will understand why they act the way they do.
 
"Always know they love you more than you can imagine, blend in, be a good boy"... I said.
Then out of the blue, he revealed a secret that made me surprised... a little bit though.
"Dan, I know i have never told you this...I'm a Skeptic"
I was like "Oh, that's cool, but how come.. how did it get to this point."
I was perturbed in my spirit, i began to wonder how he got to this point, i needed to know when this belief that THERE IS NO GOD began to take root in his mind because when i first knew him, he was a believer.
 
He began by saying that there is no God because if there was, then why would someone come out in church to give testimony and tell people that he was the only survivor in an accident, If God was able to save him/her, why didn't he save the others as well, why would he let them die. Why would God kill 70,000 people in the Old testament because King David did a census. it was David who sinned not the Israelites, so why were they punished? (2 Samuel 24:15).
 
He went on to say that there is no God because there is no proof of it, if there was, how is it possible that there are fossils of animals that date back to millions of years when the earth is only 6000years old, according to the bible. How was Noah, a 600 year old man able to build an ark as big as the size of a world class football stadium.
 
Why would he destroy the cities of the plain, including Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18-19), The Egyptian firstborn sons during the Passover (Exodus 11-12)
The Canaanites under Moses and Joshua (Numbers 21:2-3; Deuteronomy 20:17; Joshua 6:17, 21)
The Amalekites annihilated by Saul (1 Samuel 15)
Who did Adam's sons marry?

If there was a God, where would he be so wicked and heartless with a people he claims to love?.
If God created the Universe then who created God?
I began by laughing at him first, i was like, "Guy you are evolving, i love it, but you are evolving towards the wrong direction. I happen to be a skeptic but a Christian Skeptic, i believe a lot of things about God but i hate how people have taken some of these beliefs to lead believers astray"
 
"First of all, God is not a human being, he is a spirit being" He quickly responded by saying Spirits doesn't exist, they are just figment of our own hallucinations... he doesn't believe in spirits.
Then i had to calm him down, i told him "Boy be calm, There is God"
Do you remember the part of the bible that says "My ways are not your ways, neither are my thoughts your thoughts, for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways, your ways and my thoughts your thoughts."
 
Do you also remember the part that says "The wisdom of God is foolishness in the sight of men"
He scoffed and said "But Uncle, you are still quoting scriptures, i need proof"
At this point i knew i had to come down to his level, a logical and factual point of view.
So i began by showing him a video where Kent Hovind debunked theories of Evolution and Big bang theory because i didn't even have the strength to argue anymore.
Here is the link: https://youtu.be/RVzeojdXbpQ
and this: https://youtu.be/CXRa8orKf0k

I also went ahead to show him a video about who Adam sons married here: https://youtu.be/hJNoqroBU0o
Then went ahead to show him a video about what Stephen Hawkins said about God here: https://youtu.be/Jzkm1E5RqJo.
By the time i was through with him, he confessed i had successfully converted him to a Deist. I have just completed my first stage of conversion. He now believes in God now but not the Christian God. He believes in a generic God now.
 
There is still work left to do on him. There is so much i want to tell him to make him see reasons why God exist and how he loves him so much. like he said in these verses:
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. {2 Peter 3:8-10(KJV)}
 
This last verse is what we call Global Warming today. Several headlines has postulated that the earth might become uninhabitable before the end of the century.
Okay, let's just assume the last sentence is not true, what would you say about the weather recently. Check it na, something is definitely wrong with our climate and if we don't check it. Disasters of terrifying magnitude, i mean the ones never experienced since humans existed are very very close.
I think I've said quite a lot here. I rest my case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghostly Solitude II

Dusty sands, the brown hazy play. of particles dancing in the wild. Rest flees from the fray Of solitude, careless like a child. Feelings emerge from the ghost Wetness deprived, its right to sleep. and made to silence, a warming toast, Of friendship, in the halls of the deep. Lost in the depths of sheer insanity. sanity becomes the madness i seek I try to break free from the vanity. numbing the tyranny of cold feet As i stomp the grounds in colored hazy play, with particles ghosting in the wild. on the fields where solitude dances like a child. © Danny El. 19-2-2019

Rantings of a dying dream

So here you are, Pleading with your nightmares, Asking for its forgiveness. You had earlier castrated your thoughts, Stripping it of it's ability To produce dreams. What is left now are figments of a dying past. That has no relevance in the trends of the present. So you sit by the wayside, Begging for knowledge On the streets of ignorance. No help came. Only words... Words that eat deep, painfully, Into your bones and marrows. Depriving you of the ability to hope for tomorrow. No way to augment for the times spent in the corners of joy and bliss. you flee to the sunset. Hoping to gain comfort through the eye of the needle. It only gets worse. Your eyes bleed with desire to feel the jaws of inspiration biting through your skin. Oh, that pleasure. Yes, that intoxicating pain to feel revived again. you just can't handle the streams of revelations blowing through your mind. Your soul awakens Your eyes blink to white. You begin to see... things. In the midst of

Soulmate

The other day I wanted to see your smile in reverse. as it morphed from happiness to sadness Then play it back from that moment when you were sad, and i kissed you... and you smiled, sheepishly. I wanted to make it look like an insta-boomerang of some sort. moving back and forth, Chewing the memories with the jaws of my imaginations. I had thought at some point that what if, we could go back to when it all began... You had sat beside me in this bus headed to no destination because for me, my destination resides in you. i turned sideways and saw you reading your way into the scrolls guarding my heart. You were about to make me loose sight of perspective. So i disappeared into thin air. But who am i when thin air is the same thing that made me thin as a strand of hair because... I was almost loosing my sanity from the incessant fights to regain dominance of my perspective. You seemed like a virus, chewing and replicating yourself into the cracks within my mind, bre