Skip to main content

Rantings of a dying dream

So here you are,
Pleading with your nightmares,
Asking for its forgiveness.
You had earlier castrated your thoughts,
Stripping it of it's ability
To produce dreams.
What is left now are
figments of a dying past.
That has no relevance in the trends
of the present.
So you sit by the wayside,
Begging for knowledge
On the streets of ignorance.
No help came.
Only words...
Words that eat deep,
painfully, Into your bones and marrows.
Depriving you of the ability to hope for tomorrow.
No way to augment for the times
spent in the corners of joy and bliss.
you flee to the sunset.
Hoping to gain comfort through the eye of the needle.
It only gets worse.
Your eyes bleed with desire to feel
the jaws of inspiration
biting through your skin.
Oh, that pleasure.
Yes, that intoxicating pain to feel revived again.
you just can't handle the streams of revelations
blowing through your mind.
Your soul awakens
Your eyes blink to white.
You begin to see... things.
In the midst of nothing.
A slap came through.
You return to reality.
Pleading with your nightmares,
Asking for its forgiveness.

© Danny El.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghostly Solitude II

Dusty sands, the brown hazy play. of particles dancing in the wild. Rest flees from the fray Of solitude, careless like a child. Feelings emerge from the ghost Wetness deprived, its right to sleep. and made to silence, a warming toast, Of friendship, in the halls of the deep. Lost in the depths of sheer insanity. sanity becomes the madness i seek I try to break free from the vanity. numbing the tyranny of cold feet As i stomp the grounds in colored hazy play, with particles ghosting in the wild. on the fields where solitude dances like a child. © Danny El. 19-2-2019

Soulmate

The other day I wanted to see your smile in reverse. as it morphed from happiness to sadness Then play it back from that moment when you were sad, and i kissed you... and you smiled, sheepishly. I wanted to make it look like an insta-boomerang of some sort. moving back and forth, Chewing the memories with the jaws of my imaginations. I had thought at some point that what if, we could go back to when it all began... You had sat beside me in this bus headed to no destination because for me, my destination resides in you. i turned sideways and saw you reading your way into the scrolls guarding my heart. You were about to make me loose sight of perspective. So i disappeared into thin air. But who am i when thin air is the same thing that made me thin as a strand of hair because... I was almost loosing my sanity from the incessant fights to regain dominance of my perspective. You seemed like a virus, chewing and replicating yourself into the cracks within my mind, bre